I'VE MOVED! CHECK OUT THE NEW BLOG AT WWW.TESSAMARIE.CA/WP

Hi!
Are you looking for Tessa Parent of Tessa Marie Photography, based in Calgary Alberta, often shooting in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Drayton Valley, & beyond? Well you're almost at the right place.
There's a much newer, prettier, more exciting blog with lots of new content at www.tessamarie.ca/wp
All this stuff is there too, so you won't be missing out!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Orange-a-licious!



Inspired by the translucent qualities of orange segments, I decided to attempt a home-made light table photo-shoot.

In order to transilluminate my mandarin orange segments I needed bright light coming through an opaque surface. I took a table-lamp, covered the underside of the shade in tinfoil, shiny side up, to reflect more light to the top of the lamp, then place white paper over the top of the shade.

With the lamp on the floor, I arranged my orange segments on the paper and set up my tripod, balanced on several stools, directly overtop. I experimented with exposures and found that a high key, overexposed photo best showcased the colours, shapes, and textures within the orange segments.

The end result is this intense photo with an "x-ray"ish quality to it.

I'll definitely shoot more fruits and veggies this way, though I might invest in a piece of opaque plastic for those that will be sliced.


No comments:

Post a Comment